Friday, April 6, 2012

MS Outlook 2010: Moving Signatures to a New Computer

I work on multiple computers throughout my workday as my clerical team switches desks.  I use Outlook signatures for templates for common emails I send; I have about ten "signatures" (form letters really).  It would be great if Outlook would store my signatures in Exchange, but it doesn't.  I had just received a new CPU at one of my workstations, and I was looking up how to move my signatures to the new computer, when I found a great website on Microsoft's very own site.  Don't scoff until you read it.  The secret is holding down the Ctrl button while you click Options>Mail Format>Signatures.  Who'd've thought?

The author is great and I think we'd be friends if we met, so please go right to Ellen's description at:  http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2008/07/11/how-do-i-back-up-my-signatures.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment